These thought provoking sandcastle quotes are for sand lovers, sea lovers, and dreamers everywhere, for optimists, pessimists, and everyone in between.
Are you a glass half-full or glass half-empty sort of person? Are you still in touch with your inner child, or do you stick to business in all aspects of your life all the time?
No matter how you view yourself, if you’re love sandcastles you’ll be drawn in by some of these quotes. They include every perspective. Many of them express profound truths, and depending on your personal perspective, you may be touched in unexpected ways.
- “Like a sandcastle, all is temporary. Build it, tend it, enjoy it. And when the time comes, let it go.” ~ Jack Kornfield
- “Just because sandcastles are temporary, it never stopped me from making them as beautiful as possible.” ~ Bella Forrest
- “The man who stands firm in order to protect a sand-castle can never be relied upon; for he has given away his common sense.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “We are like children building a sand castle. We embellish it with beautiful shells, bits of driftwood, and pieces of colored glass. The castle is ours, off limits to others. We’re willing to attack if others threaten to hurt it. Yet despite all our attachment, we know that the tide will inevitably come in and sweep the sand castle away. The trick is to enjoy it fully but without clinging, and when the time comes, let it dissolve back into the sea.” ~ Pema Chodron
- “History is a child building a sand-castle by the sea, and that child is the whole majesty of man’s power in the world.” ~ Heraclitus
- “When building sand castles on the beach, we can ignore the waves but should watch the tide.” ~ Edsger Dijkstra
- “I was watching the waves breaking my sandcastle. That’s when I dreamt of building castles that won’t be washed off by the waves of hatred and malice.” ~ Khushi Srivastava
- “That’s the hell of sand castles. They are always doomed. That’s part of their beauty — their impermanence.” ~ Pamela Moore
- “But I don’t think building sand castles in the air is such a terrible thing to do, as long as you don’t take it too seriously.” ~ Anne Frank
- “Nothing is built on stone; All is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone.” ~ Jorge Luis Borges
- “Life is like the ocean. Every time a wave knocks down your sand castle, you build it again.” ~ Unknown
- “We’re here for such a short amount of time. Why do we spend any of it building sandcastles?” ~ Nick Hornby
- “All your seriousness is about sandcastles. And you yourself will leave them one day, trampling them down, and you will not look back. The people who take it seriously miss the beauty of playfulness.” ~ Rajneesh
- “You are lucky to be one of those people who wishes to build sand castles with words, who is willing to create a place where your imagination can wander.” ~ Anne Lamott
- “That’s what I try to do – write sentences that won’t be like sand castles.” ~ William Maxwell
- “Never more shall I dream of sandcastles…Never again will I wonder what could possibly happen if I pursue my dreams. I’ll always be able to look back and know I tried my best!” ~ Unknown
Have you ever seen sandcastles created by master sand sculptors? Have you ever pondered questions about sandcastles, like what holds them together? If so then be sure to check out these articles:
Fellow beach lovers you might also enjoy these collections of beach quotes:
If you enjoyed these sandcastle quotes please share on Pinterest and help spread the word!