Everyone who loves the beach has a special affinity for the poetry of the sea. Let these romantic beach quotes bring peace to your soul and calm to your busy day.
Scientists tell us that being near water is healing to both our minds and bodies. Gazing out over water to the horizon allows us to escape from overstimulation. Compared to the usual chaos of life, what we see and hear is blissfully simplified.
Our mindfulness increases when we’re around water. We are more present in the moment, and less burdened by anxiety and stress. We may even feel more connected, to ourselves, to others, to the world around us.
Why are we so drawn to the ocean? In 2014 Wallace J. Nichols wrote the book Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do. Well that certainly covers it!
Not that we need scientists or anyone else to tell us what we already know. Those of us who love the beach and the ocean are drawn there because of the way we feel inside. It’s the sights, the sounds, the wind, the smells. It’s breathing in the salty air and feeling the warm sand beneath our feet.
We love the soothing peacefulness of a gently rolling surf on a calm, beautiful morning. We love witnessing the stunning power of angry waves crashing ashore as a storm blows in.
We love the ocean’s many moods, and its nearness brings us a state of mind we can’t experience anywhere else. Some things can’t be expressed in words, but these quotes bring to mind thoughts, feelings, and moments that will surely resonate with lovers of the seashore.
Romantic Beach Quotes
- “A vacation to the ocean swims you deep within the past; when summer spun her beauty into moments meant to last.” ~ Angie Weiland-Crosby
- “But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean.” ~ H. P. Lovecraft
- “My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach. I have heard them all, and of the three elemental voices, that of ocean is the most awesome, beautiful and varied.” ~ Henry Beston
- “Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.” ~ Hermann Broch
- “On the twilight sands of summer, I met the ocean’s soul.” ~ Angie Weiland-Crosby
- “I miss the beach, the peace it brings you. I love the sound and smell of the sea.” ~ Unknown
- “But where, after all, would be the poetry of the sea were there no wild waves?” ~ Joshua Slocum
- “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides, and in its depths it has its pearls too.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
- “Life is like the ocean. It can be calm or still, and rough or rigid, but in the end, it is always beautiful.” ~ Unknown
- “It was love at first sight the day I met the beach.” ~ Unknown
- “To sit in silence at the shore, watch the waves and hear the surf, is to appreciate the very breath and heartbeat of the earth.” ~ Doe Zantamata
- “Happiness is blue sea and white sand.” ~ Unknown
- “For her the ocean was more than a dream, it was a place she needed to visit to find herself. And when she returned to the city, you could see the sun in her eyes, the wind in her hair, and taste the infinite salt on her lips.” ~ Jose Chaves
- “Meet me where the sky touches the sea. Wait for me where the world begins.” ~ Jennifer Donnelly
- “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.” ~ Unknown
- “She Who Loves The Beach: No words can express the depth of her contentment as she walks along the beach. As the waves lap against the shores they create the rhythm of her life. Balmy breezes kiss her sun-bronzed skin, and she wonders… Could there ever be a greater destiny than to be born with a love for the treasures of the sea? Here, she is home.” ~ Suzy Toronto
- “On the shore of nature’s magic, I dreamed summer knew no end.” ~ Angie Weiland-Crosby
- “At the beach, the heart opens a little wider.” ~ Angie Weiland-Crosby
- “Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.” ~ Michelle Held
- “I followed my heart, and it led me to the beach.” ~ Unknown
- “In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.” ~ Rachel Carson
- “Dear ocean, thank you for making us feel tiny, humble, inspired, and salty all at once.” ~ Unknown
- “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” ~ Jacques Cousteau
If you enjoyed these quotes please share on Pinterest and help spread the word!